SFOP - A scale-invariant junction detector
My colleagues and I at the Department of Photogrammetry, Bonn developed a novel scale-invariant keypoint detector, called SFOP, which contains a scale-selection mechanism for junction-type and circular features.
The detector has the following properties:
- Invariance and repeatability for object recognition, comparable to that of the detector by Lowe (2004)
- High localization accuracy to support camera calibration
- Good interpretability of the results (see figure)
- Very few control parameters with clear semantics
- High complementarity to most popular detectors
Here you can find the related publications and software.
Title graphics: SFOP features on an example image. Red: junctions, cyan: circular features. Note that both feature types are extracted simultaneously.